How do I run the MIS Sync wizard?
The easiest way to match your pupil/staff list in Purple Mash with the information stored in your MIS is by running the MIS Sync Wizard. The wizard enables the creation of new users and facilitates the smooth transition of existing users to their new classes each academic year. You can find out how to register for MIS Syncing here.
If you are already set up for MIS Syncing, please refer to the steps below to run the MIS Sync Wizard on Purple Mash. We also have a video walkthrough.
- Log into Purple Mash and head to the Manage Users section.
- Once in Manage Users, select Import/Sync (top of the page), then MIS Sync Wizard.
The first step is to choose the username format for your pupils and staff. The default setting for pupils is Forename + Surname initial; for example a pupil named John Smith would have a username of JohnS.
- Click next to move onto step 2 which is selecting the password format for your pupils. You can view examples of the different password formats by selecting them from the dropdown menu. The most common format is Two Digit Picture Pin for the younger pupils, and for the older pupils Picture Pin.
- Click next to move onto the next step: mapping year groups. Depending on your MIS, you may have a different naming format for each year group. For example, "Year 6" could be known in your MIS as "Y6", "Year Six", "6", "Yr6" etc but Purple Mash will only recognize "Year 6". Therefore simply map your year groups to the Purple Mash format.
- If applicable, you will then see the subject groups page, tick the groups you'd like to add and click next.
- You will now be shown a summary of the information that will be imported from your MIS.
- Press finish to complete the sync. Any new staff accounts will be sent an activation email and you will be able to print out pupil login cards.
Your user accounts & classes should now be up to date, reflecting your school's MIS. If you need any support with this process, please contact us - email@example.com