What is a School Quick Login?
Schools have two links to allow access to Purple Mash:
- The standard School Portal which has the format of https://www.purplemash.com/sch/school-name
- The Quick Login shortcut which has the format of https://www.purplemash.com/ql/random-letters-and-numbers
What are the differences between Quick Login and the standard School Portal?
- The Quick Login permits pupils to login without typing their username (or using a keyboard at all if pupils use Picture PINs for passwords). Pupils can click "login" in the upper-right corner of the screen, then click or tap on their class, and then their name. From there, they can input their Picture PIN by clicking (or tapping on a tablet). See more about Picture PINs here.
- The Quick Login permits quick access to most all of their school's Purple Mash account without fully logging in as an individual pupil. By clicking the Quick Login, they will appear to be logged in as a 'guest'.
- Quick Login does not permit access to individual work and folders. Additionally, Quick Login does not allow pupils to access collaborative tools like 2email, 2dos, 2blog, display boards, and anything related to sharing. Note: If a pupil does click on those tools, they will be prompted to fully login.
- For extra security, Quick Logins can only be accessed between 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM in the school's time zone.
- The Quick Login is intended only for pupils. Teachers and staff will not be able to manage classes or work, or access the school's Administrative section, without fully logging in.
How do I find out what my school's Quick Login link is?
Log into Purple Mash as a teacher or School Admin, click on the drop down next to your name, then under "Admin Settings" select "Login Shortcuts".
Once clicked, you will see your Quick Links appear in a pop-up dialogue box:
You can copy these links to create bookmarks for your pupils.