How to Reset Staff Passwords
Staff passwords are no longer visible on Purple Mash due to security. On printed login cards, staff passwords will be starred out.
If teachers and staff forget their passwords, they can only be sent a password reset link to their email.
If they do not have an email address setup yet, they can be given a temporary password to allow them to login with their username and the new temporary password. The temporary password will expire within three days.
To send a password reset link to a member of staff, or multiple staff members, please follow these steps:
- Log into Purple Mash as an Admin.
- Click on the drop down arrow next to your name at the top right of the screen
- Select 'Admin Settings', and then 'Manage Users'.
- On the left, click on the 'Staff' tab.
- Click on one or multiple members of staff.
- On the top right, click on the purple button with three dots.
- Finally click on 'Send Password Link'.
Alternatively, to set temporary passwords, follow all of the above steps, but on step 6 click on "Create temporary passwords" instead. You can then print login cards with temporary passwords on them. However, please note the temporary password will still expire within three days.
When a staff member logs in with a temporary password for the first time, they will be required to change the temporary password to one of their own choosing.