Setting Tasks (Home User)
You can set tasks for children in Purple Mash by using the 2Do feature. 2Do's allow you to set tasks and easily track a child's progress and provide feedback.
2Dos are easy to set from any tool or activity in Purple Mash. You have the option to tag curriculum objectives, customise title and description and even add your own audio instructions if you wish.
Creating a new 2Do
- First you will need to find the tool or resource on Purple Mash that you would like to set as a 2Do. In this example we will be using 2Create a Story.
- Click on 2Create a Story and then press Set 2Do.
- The next step is to name, and provide a description about the task that you are setting. In this example we would like the children to tell us about their summer holiday.
- On the following pages you will be able to set the learning objectives, tag the 2Do to make it easier to find later, and choose the set date and hand in date for the 2Do.
- The final step is to choose who you would like to set the 2Do for. You can choose to set it to specific individuals, a class, or a group. In this example we will set the 2Do for the two children in the 'Home' Class.
- Once you press 'Set 2Do', the task will have been set. You can see all 2Dos that you have set by pressing the orange 2Do button from the navigation bar at the top of the screen.
Accessing 2Do's as a child
- Children can access their 2Do's via the orange 2Do button, or the notification bell.
- Children can begin their 2Do by pressing the Start button after pressing 2Dos, or the Go to button after pressing the notification bell.
- Once the 2Do has been started and saved, children have the option to continue their work, or if the work is completed they can hand it in. These options are available under the orange 2Dos button.
- Once a child has pressed the Hand In button they are able to leave a comment for the adult who will be reviewing their work, finally the child can press Ok to submit the work.
Reviewing handed in work
- An adult can review handed in work by clicking the orange 2Dos button and clicking View Folder.
- Once in the 2Do folder the adult can view and mark the work of the selected child by pressing the mark button on the right hand side.
- On the mark page an adult will be able to view the child's work on the left hand side of the screen, and will be able to provide feedback to the child on the right hand side of the screen.