How can I close 2dos and what options are available?
The best way to keep your 2Dos area organised is by closing them once they have been completed. Closing 2dos will also allow you to quickly move or copy completed work to the pupils own Done 2do folder.
A 2do can be closed by doing the following:
- Log into Purple Mash as a Administrator or Teacher
- Click the 2Dos button on the top left hand side
- Navigate to the 2do you wish to close and then select the Close button.
You then have four options available to you.
Method 1- Copy 2do work files to pupil folders
This method keeps the original work files and also sends an additional copy of the work to the pupils own area.
The original folder containing the work files will remain in the Work section of Purple Mash and can be found by doing the following:
- Click on Work
- Click your class folder and select the drop down arrow, in the example below my class name is Y1 Blue
- Click on the drop down arrow next to the folder named 2dos to find a copy of the 2do work you have closed.
Method 1 will also send an additional copy of the pupils work to the pupils own Done 2dos folder and can be found by going to the class folder and then doing the following additional steps:
- Click the drop down button next to Pupils
- Click the drop down menu next to the pupils name and then clicking the Done 2dos folder
Each pupil will have their own private Done 2dos folder which will contain a copy of the work they completed for the closed 2Do.
Method 2- Move 2do work files to pupil folders
This method will remove the original folder and instead send the work to the pupils own Done 2dos folder.
Method 3- Leave 2do work files and folder
This method will keep the work files in the original class 2Dos folder. This option is useful if you want to keep a record of the work for the 2dos but you no longer want the pupils to see the 2do and their work.
Method 4- Delete 2do work files and folder
The 2do work files and will be completely removed when selecting this option.